Excel/excel 2007 inventory increment

i am using excel and a handheld barcode scanner to try and keep up with my tshirt sales inventory for work. i need to be able to just scan the barcodes and add and subtract them according maybe using a barcode for adding and a different one for subtracting. i saw some of your earlier posts and i really need help. can you help me?

The methods I am familiar with working with an barcode reader and excel use the barcode readers ability to simulate keyboard entry.  So using a different barcode reader would not be detected by excel.  So the input method is going to input to the activecell.  You could change the active cell to have one for additions and one for subtractions.  

I assume you are scanning in some type of ID/sku and all the work is being done with vba code.  Then you would need to modify the VBA code to make the correct interpretation based on the cell where the barcode was entered.  

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.