Excel/excel 2013 formula

I have a large spreadsheet that I'm working with and need help with a nested formula

Here is what I'm trying to do:  
if O12:O2540 is equal to 4 or 5 and j2:j2540 is equal to 2 then it is an error.  Otherwise it is fine.  

Thank you!

is this one formula per row?  If so,

in row 12 would give you the answer you want - replace my error and OK messages as you see fit.  IF this wasn't what you meant, let me know - if it helps, my direct email is

Aidan (question found in question pool, not originally addressed to me)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!