Excel/updating a cells value

Question
i have a cell, A1, that has a formula that counts the number of tshirts i sell by using unique barcodes, and gives me a number. i have a cell, B1, that reflects the number of tshirts i had before i sold any, i need to update the value of B1 to reflect the subtraction of the thirts i sold. so if i have 10 in B1, i need it to automatically subtract the 3 from A1. A1 will change and i need B1 to change every time A1 does. how can i do that? normally in python or c++ i could do a += operand but that does not work here. any help?

Answer
I don't know python or c++ so that analogy didn't help me.
I don't get where the "3" came from in "automatically subtract the 3 from A1". Is it always 3? If so, then in B1 all you need is =A1-3.
Otherwise, I'm not following what you'd want to see in B1. Can you give more details?

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas