Excel/Conditional formattin formula

Question
Hello:

Im trying to creat a spreadsheet that reminds me when my clients insurance policy will expire. For example, effective date is 3/29/14, and it will expire in 1 year. What formula can I use?

Thanks in advance,

Lymari

Answer
Lymari

I will assume you have a cell that indicates the expiration date of the policy.
For my example I will assume the cell is D7.
Using the conditional formatting/new rules/use a formula to determine which cells to format/ put in the following formula =-NOW()+D7-30<30.  Then select the format you want. then click ok.

If todays date is within 30 days of the expiration date the formula will result in TRUE.  And if the result is true the conditional formatting will format the cell to whatever format you have chosen,

Obviously you can change the formula to 45 days 60 days etc. etc.

Hope this helps

Richard
Florida
USA

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts