Excel/I need help creating the correct function in 2003 Excel

Question
I have created a inventory and sales excel spreadsheet plus order form spreadsheet. Somehow I need to combine them to make sure the ordered items are not more than what I have in stock but I do not want the inventory to be visible on the order form.
Next is the order total for the correct discount. Orders over $461.55 get a 35% discount, orders less than $461.55 get a 25% discount.
Then I am thinking of adding this order form on my web site for dealers. Thank You

Answer
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the question.

For this item:  

(1)   "Somehow I need to combine them to make sure the ordered items are not more than what I have in stock but I do not want the inventory to be visible on the order form."

On a separate worksheet, combine both sheets as you desire (i.e., using copy & paste, etc.)

(2)  "Next is the order total for the correct discount. Orders over $461.55 get a 35% discount, orders less than $461.55 get a 25% discount."

You can use an IF statement here:  

=IF(B1>461.55,(461.55-35%*461.55)) [where B1 is the location of the Order total]
=IF(B1<461.55,(461.55-25%*461.55))

(3)  "Then I am thinking of adding this order form on my web site for dealers."  With the formulas included in the form, you should be able to make it interactive and upload to your website.

Hope this helps with the project.

Best regards,

Mary Lindsey
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Mary A. Lindsey