Excel/Age Formula for Nutritional Status

Hello, I would really appreciate if you could help me create a formula in excel where I can compute for the age of my students based on the date of their weighing for their nutritional status. One column contains the date of their birth (1/26/2004) and the other column is the date of their weigh in (2/22/2016) I need to compute for their nutritional age based on these two data. But I also have to follow a condition where if the the day of birth falls after the day of weighing I have to deduct .1 from the age.and if the day of the birthday fall before the day of the weigh in, no deduction shall be made. Please please help me with this difficulty. I really have no idea what formula to use. thank you so much in advance.

If the dates are in A2 & B2, enter this formula:

Then, format it as "General" if it looks like some date! (You can press ctrl+Shift+~ (tilde) to format as general)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks