Excel/Chart

Question
Bar Graph
Bar Graph  
Hi Tom,

I hope that you are doing well.  I have attached an image of what I would like to change, if possible on this bar chart.  Please note the all lime green bars.  I would like to have them all the same size.  Perhaps size 4.  They are taking on the length of the value in Pages.  I want the pages to all be size 4 or 5 because they are only informational.  I have done a little work on this graph, ie. put the name on the lime green bars, and added the Pages bars to this chart, but it was trial and error.

So, if you could just explain what I would have to do to make them all equal, I'd really appreciate that.

Mary

Answer
Mary,

How about sending me a sample excel file with your data and you bar graph and I will see if I can come up with a "trick" that will allow you to do what you want.  I understand your lime green bars to be labels and you would want them all the same length.  I say trick because what you are doing is using the data display to create a label which is not what excel is designed to do.  So the trick would be to figure out how to get excel to do what you describe.   

You can send the file to twogilvy@msn.com  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy