Excel/Excel changing a value based on 2 conditions existing in the column

Question
Greeting Tom,

I have an Excel sheet where this is a schedule. Ranges B6:B39 is Start Time, C6:C39 is end time. E6:E39 is the event identifier and  is copied into the spreadsheet manually and has unique values, but the data can be in any order.  So the data of LUNCH could be in E6 today and E39 tomorrow.  F6:F39 is a calculation of duration (End time - Start time), if the event start time is past the current time, if not, the duration is set to 0.

What I need to do is if the data of ATCNCL (Overtime that was assigned and now cancelled) exists in any cell in the range of E6:E39, then the row that contains ATBRK (Overtime Break) duration calculation should be 0.

ATCNCL can be anywhere in E6:E39 and ATBRK can be anywhere in E6:E39.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Answer
Mike.

So it sounds like you want a modification to your formula in column F.  

Now
F6:  $C6-$E6

Added logic to show a zero for a row that hat ATBRK in column E if ATCNCL is found in any of column E across rows 6 to 39:

F6:  =if(and(countif($E$6:$E$39,"ATCNCL")>0,$E6="ATBRK"),0,$C6-$B6)

Then drag fill this down column F.  

That represents how I understand your question.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy