Excel/Index

Question
I have a 180 row spreadsheet that goes out to column AN.  I want to combine a VLookup with HLookup that matches the column heading in row 2 with the column heading in column A.

Answer
possibly http://www.aidanheritage.byethost3.com/excel/UseOfMatchAndOffset.xls may give you what you want - it's certainly not the only way, but I think would probably be the most efficient - hopefully this is clear, but let me know if you need further help - if useful, my direct email is support@flameenterprises.co.uk
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage