Excel/Need the correct formula

I'm creating a massive spreadsheet that requires a column to calculate the number of days a person has stayed in a Skilled Unit.  Example:  first cell has a date of 6/1/2015.  Second cell has 6/6/15.  The answer needs to be 6.  

I am unable to create the formula for the third column correctly. The resident was IN the unit ON the start date and also the END date.  I keep getting the answer of 5.  I'm sure it's something simple but looking at the Help info hasn't worked.  Your assistance is much appreciated!

say you have one penny  and then later you have six pennies.  How many total pennies - obviously 6.  But if you subtracted the starting number from the total you would get 5.  

Same with your dates.  

A1:  6/1/2015
A2:  6/6/2015

I assume you have

A3:  =A2-A1   which produces 5.  But if you want to include the end date, then you need to change the formula to

A3:  =A2-A1+1

Adding one accounts for including the end date.
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.