Excel/Conditional Formatting

I have Excel 2013. I am using a spreadsheet to tally feedback for customer service.  I have assigned a point system to "yes" and "no" which total the percentage of customer satisfaction for the month.

Total percentage is in cell I2. I would like to set a condition. If I2 value equals between 100-85% then A1 color change to green, IF I2 value equals 84-65% then A1 color changes to amber if I2 value equals below 64% A1 color changes to Red.

I have tried a number of variations in conditional format, but can't seem to set up when there are multiple conditions. Am I able to do this, if so how may I accomplish this?

Thanks for your assistance.

You need to use a separate formula for each of the conditions.  In your case you will need three formulas which will produce three different formats.  I believe your formulas will look like this.

Create your first format rule by putting in the first formula and the format you want then go to manage rules and add the second formula and format, then do the same for the third format.

This should work for you.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant