Excel/Drop down menu

I have the latest version of excel and have a drop down menu put in place but to access it I have to click on the cell, then click on the arrow to bring up the menu. Is there a way to make it so that all I have to do is click on the cell and it will automatically show the menu? Thanks!

Can we define what you mean by "drop down menu" - is this data validation, or is it via a custom control - it makes a slight difference to the answer, though in essence both would require VBA to achieve what you want.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=excel%20drop%20down%20list%20automatically%20open would give you some specifics about this, though that search can be narrowed by specifying the type of list - should you need further help with this I'm happy to provide it.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!