Excel/importing and updating

Question
files to import
files to import  
Bob,

I am confused it is my understanding that if you import a list into a new spreadsheet,and I create a macro to to do this weekly, it will not update any data already there it will only add it as a new item. Is this correct.
I want to be able to import from 2 files and any existing entry will be updated rather than just added to the list, Is this possible?
I have attached an image of the master and the file I want to import the data from with changes.
Your help would be appreciated

Answer
I guess I need more info. You already wrote a macro(?) so there's no automatic way of knowing it will be added to the list or updated - that's up to the logic of the macro. If you could supply an actual file(s) (bobumlas@hotmail.com) I could get a better idea of what you're trying to do. My understanding has already changed from your initial request. Now this is what I'm surmising:
Master:
a
b
c
d

File to copy from
b
d
e
f

Result:
a
b (updated)
c
d (updated
e
f

Is that right?
(I'm still going to wait for a sample file -- both master and file to copy from) -- I'll write the macro.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas