Excel/formula adjustment

Question
Hi Tom
I have written a simple lookup formula: =VLOOKUP(H9,gradeconverter,2,FALSE).  The figure in cell H9 is 67.7% (this is rounded up from 66.666667).  In the named range 66.666667 is represented by 67.  Therefore the formula returns an error #N/A.

Could explain how I overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Answer
Christopher,

Best would be to make your data identical.  If you are searching for 67.7% then the cells you look in should have the value 67.7%  
The FALSE in the forth argument says to produce an exact match.

if you don't need an exact match and  your lookup table has ordered data, then you can set it to True.  You need to spend some time in help to understand how vlookup works with ordered data and TRUE as the 4th argument and see if you can organize you data to meet that criteria.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy