Excel/One more question

If I wanted to have a value in A1 and then I wanted to see if it matched any of the values in B1:B10, how would I do that?  

I had a question similar to this just recently.  There are several ways you could do it.

will return true or false

=match(A1,B1:B10,False)   will return the location of the match in the range B1:B10 if A1 is found in that range otherwise it would return the #N/A error value

All of those worked for me.  If you need more explanation, ask a follow-up question with the specifics of what you need to know.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.