Excel/formula adjustment

Hi Tom

I have a number that has been rounded up as a result of using the following formula:

The number that appears in cell i7 is: 5.3

I then have a table of values

5.1    C3
5.2    C2
5.3    C1

The range is named (attain8)

I now write the following formula:

This formula returns #N/A.  Could you explain why?

Thanks in advance.

Let us say that 5.3 is in A5 and C1 is in B5

then in any cell put in   

if it says false, then A5 doesn't hold the value 5.3.   If 5.3 is calculated then you probably need include a round function on that formula.

So the simple answer is that I7 and A5 don't match.  Why that is, I can only guess.

If they don't match, then Vlookup will return #N/A since your fourth argument is False

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.