Excel/formula to find duration and how to meet specific criter

Question
dates duration
dates duration  
Hi Adelaide.

please refer to my attached photo for easy reference.

1. i want to find out the formula to calculate YEAR and MONTH only between 2 dates. (for e.g. 2years 2 months)

2. after finding the duration, i want to know which criteria they belong to. for example, if the duration between cell A1 and B1 is 2 years and 4 months, my cell D2 should show "between 2 to 3 years"

please help!

Answer
Hi Winson
How are you?

Assume you have type the earlier date in A1 and the leter date in B1

1. Number of days between the two dates, type in C1
=B1-A1
2. Number of years between the two dates ( we can make this more accurate)

=C1/365 in D1

3. Type in E1
="From "&INT(D1)&" to "&INT(D1)+1&" years"

I hope this helps you.
Cheers
Adelaide
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Adelaide carvalho