Excel/taking control of File>Print with VBA

Question
When I asked the question below a few minutes ago I should have added that I'm running Excel 2010 and Windows 7.

"Hello Bob,

I would like to take control of Excel's File>Print button,  so that when a user presses the button, instead of doing the normal thing, a macro runs instead.

The macro I have planned will print the spreadsheet, but only parts of it, depending on the contents of some cells within the spreadsheet.   That macro I can write without problem, and I could create a button to run it also, but ideally I would like it to run when a user presses the standard File>Print button.   Is that possible?

Phill."

Answer
In the VBA, doubleclick the Thisworkbook object, and put in this code:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
   DoMyMacro
   Cancel = True
End Sub

in a regular module:
Sub DoMyMacro()

'do what you need to do here<==========

Application.EnableEvents = False
   ActiveSheet.PrintOut
   Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas