Excel/lookup at aggregated sum level

Question
If i for example had a table with 3 fields, Region, Salesman, Sales and lots of individual transactions.

Summarised by region i want to show which salesman has contributed the most combined sales, how can i do this via formula without pivoting etc

eg i cant use a simple max if ( i dont think) as i need the max of the aggregated values

If i have the very simplified data of:

Region, Salesman, Sales
UK, Jon, 5
UK, James, 6
UK, James, 10
UK, Jon, 15

Then on a seperate tab I have sales summaried by region eg a pivot table that would show region and sales,
so UK, 36

, how can i use a formula to pull through the salesman who has contributed the most of these sales eg in this case Jon

Answer
At a simplistic level, https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhG5Rd-eb4P3v0Roxw09IKFcSDmr would give you what you need - I've NOT used the region at the moment, but you can probably get the idea of how this works.  To work per region, I'd need to know how the data is presented - if it is region, then another region and so on (so grouped) then it's easy enough to define the range.  More than happy to expand on this answer as needed!

HOPEFULLY you can access the file I've shared (linked above) but any issues please let me know - if it helps, my direct email is support@flameenterprises.co.uk (and there are a few training videos etc on my www.flameenterprises.co.uk website)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage