Excel/Moving from tab to tab

Question
Hi Tom

I was just wondering if there is a quick way of moving back and forth between two pages in a workbook with many pages.  I quite often need to flick between two pages, and when one is at one end of the workbook, and one at the other, its quite time consuming moving from one to the other.  Or is the only way to move the tabs next to each other?

Answer
Gail,

In the lower left corner of the workbook window  (same area as the horizontal scroll bar and worksheet tabs), there are "VCR" controls (left and right arrow heads).  If you right click on this area, you will get a dialog with all your sheets names listed.  You can scroll down that list and pick the sheet you want.  

If all you sheets will be visible in this list, then you will be able to switch very rapidly.  If you have to scroll in the list to see the sheet name  you need, then it will be slower but much faster than going through all the tabs.

Just for completeness, Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown allows you to work your way across the tabs one tab at a time.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy