Excel/Filter macro II

Question
Tom,

Let me rephrase my question because I think you misunderstood something.

I meant by the macro "not breaking", that I didn't want any hard-coded cells in the macro, as I am developing the workbook and inserting rows, columns, etc, thus the data table is moving around.  

This macro will always be applied to the same column in the table (the fourth one over), but that column may be in column D, E, F, etc, as I delete and insert worksheet columns.

So if there is any filter set, anywhere in the table, I want that filter to be cleared, and then apply the "no-blanks-visible" filter to the column of interest, which will always be the one titled "Description", wherever it happens to end up as I move the entire table around.

Thanks for your quick answer, though I haven't used it because I think you misunderstood me.

Answer
Bill

This will just filter out rows that have no blank cells in the Description column for the existing autofilter.

first it removes all filter conditions
Then it applies a filter on the 4th column of the autofilter that hides cells(rows) that are blank in that column.  

Sub FilterBlanks()
Dim rng As Range
Dim af As AutoFilter
On Error Resume Next
 Set af = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter
 Set rng = af.Range
 Debug.Print rng.Address
On Error GoTo 0
If rng Is Nothing Then
 MsgBox "Manually apply a filter to your data"
 Exit Sub
Else
On Error Resume Next
 rng.AutoFilter.ShowAllData
On Error GoTo 0
 rng.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="<>"
End If
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy