Excel/Horizontal dropdown

Question
Hi sir i want to prepare  beam design spreadsheet and one thing difficult for me.i have four different titles like UB,UC,SKJ,RHS each have their own section list.i want to like i choose the first dropdown UC,and in second dropdown only uc section will be selected.sorry for my english

Answer
yosef,

This is called dependent dropdowns.  It is a pretty large topic and there are several ways it could be done.  Since you have not provided any specifics and since this is a fairly complex topic requiring quite a bit of explanation, I will refer you to sources of information that explain how to do dynamic dropdowns in great detail.  One of the best resources is Debra Dalgleish's site.  You can go to

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

scroll down past the advertisements and you will see an index of topics covered on her site.  Look under the "D's" and you will see an entry for "+Data Validation".  Click on this and it will expand for all the topics related to data validation.  You will see several entries for dependent Dropdown/dependent lists.   You will find detailed instructions on these links.

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html  
is a good place to start.  It is the link associated with "Dependent Lists" under the "+Data Validation" topic.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy