Excel/Plotting Histograms in Excel software.

Is it possible to export the Histograms plotted in Excel software to PDF format?

ANSWER: Prashant S Akerkar,

A histogram is a chart.  You can copy it and paste it as a picture into anything that will allow you to paste a picture into it such as word or powerpoint.  I believe both of those application will allow you to save as a pdf.  I know Excel 2010 and excel 2013 will allow you to do a File=>Save As and under the file type dropdown you can choose PDF. Excel 2013 also has an export option and one of the options is PDF.  I believe Excel 2007 has an addin you can download that provides the ability to save the file as a PDF.

So you could copy the historgram to a blank workbook if that is all you want and then save the workbook/worksheet to a .pdf

So there are a lot of options you can pursue to put a chart (histogram) from excel into a pdf.  However, you can not right click on a chart and chose save as PDF.   

I don't have Excel 2016 handy, but I am sure it has similar capabilities.   

Tom Ogilvy

Thank you.

Is it possible to change the color
of the Histogram by selecting the color palette as per our color selection requirement?

I am not sure how you are generating your histogram.  A histogram generated by the analysis toolpak is just a normal Excel column Chart (vertical bars).  (or perhaps you are buidling such a chart using the chart tools).  So once it is generated, you can edit all the parameters you would be able to edit for any excel column chart.  You can change the color of the bars and you can change the color of individual bars.  So the answer is yes.  Select the element you want to edit and right click or choose the special chart tools palette at the top of the excel window.

If you mean after you put it in a PDF, I really can't say.  My expertise is in Excel.  

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.