Excel/Question

Question
QUESTION: Hello Damon,

I have a spreadsheet that have employee names with corresponding employee numbers. I would like to have it auto fill the employee number in the column next to the employee name. Would you be able to help me with this?

ANSWER: Hi Liz,

Yes I can help.  But I would need to know where the data are located on the sheet.  Probably the easiest way to let me know would be to email me your spreadsheet.  That way if I need to add formulas or a macro I could do it directly in your workbook and return it to you.  My email is VBAexpert@myway.com.

Damon

QUESTION: Well the spread sheet is confidential so I cannot send it. I am following these guidelines but keep getting an error in Lookup Value

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=1237

Answer
Hi again Liz,

There are a lot of different ways a lookup can fail to work properly. I recommend you create a sanitized worksheet with fake names and employee numbers, or try to describe how the information is presented/located in your worksheet.

Damon  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Damon Ostrander