Exporting & Importing Goods/importing gold from uae

Question
hello,
i want to import from UAE 22k gold jewelery.which is i will bring with me.i am USA citizen and do i need import license and what is rate of duty and taxes on new york airport.i do have company corporation on my name since 15years.please can you guide me what document i need when i come to airport.
thanks for your cooperation with me.

AMIR

Answer
Hello Amir,

I would really need a detailed list of the items you plan on bringing in order to give you the proper duty rates.  You should have a Customs Broker meet you at the airport in order to facilitate the clearance for you.

How often will you be importing?  If this is just a one time shipment then I would not suggest you purchasing a continuous bond, but if you will be importing often it will save you money over time.

Please respond back to me in PRIVATE mode so we can exchange contact info.  If you cannot find the option for private mode when replying try starting a new message to me and look for the private option.

Best regards,
Lisa

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid