Exporting & Importing Goods/importing mid-tech products to Brazil

We are looking at the possibility of acting as a distributor for a mid-technology education product. I have been told the current import tax rate can be as much as 80%. Where can I find the exact rate for the specific product (I can specify product in private...but looking for general guidance first). We would be a start-up business if we decide to go ahead, so have much to learn in a short time!

Good morning Keith!
Thank You to contact me!
Is very important to know the  merchandise description , or the SH of the product to be imported.
With  the SH code I can tell you about the tax amount.
My personal e-mail to talk in private is, so You  contact me .

Exporting & Importing Goods

Doracy De Magalhaes Pinto

I am a retiree of receita Federal do Brasil ( Brazilian Customs Federal Agency), I have over 25 years of import and export to and from Brazil expertise and I am able, willing and ready to answer all questions relating to customs, freight, importing and or exporting to and from Brazil to anywhere in the world, we are presently locate din Sao Paulo Brazil and in Miami, Florida being able to offer you the expertise from the United States or from Brazil promptly and accurately.

As a retiree of the Brazilian Customs as a auditing manager I have over 25 years of expertise in the Brazilian customs procedures as well as constantly being up to date with new laws and regulations.

MBB Internacional Assessoria em Comercio Exterior

A bachelor's degree in International Affairs and over five years of different Brazilian customs internal courses, such as Escola Superior de Admnistracao Fazendaria no Brasil in 1986 admnistered by the United States Government, I am also a certified CPA.