Exporting & Importing Goods/Import nonwoven disposable apparel

Question
Good Morning Mr. Van Duzen,

Im from Colombia and I need to export some products with the HTS 6210.10.50.00, specially to U.S.A and Canada; I would like to know if I need permissions from the FDA or any other requirements. If is necessary, please send me the links where I could find the information.

Thanks for your attention.

Answer
Good afternoon, Nicolas.

FDA is the food and drug administration, so as long as these are non-edible garments, we do not need to get them involved.

Typically, items under this classification do not require further additional requirements beyond something which shows what the material is, and where it came from - Example - a shirt made with cotton and polyester - we must show where the cotton came from, where the polyester came from, and provide the mill certifications, etc.

This process is something my company is very familiar with, and we would be able to help you.

Please send the details of your product, estimated quantities, etc.  One of our import export specialists will review it and can guide you further.

Best regards,

Steve Van Duzen

Exporting & Importing Goods

Steve Van Duzen