Exporting & Importing Goods/importing from colombia to U.S.A

Question
I want to import crafts from Colombia. Little crafted items for decor, children's clothes, jewelry. I just want to know what would be the first step for me to approach this project. where do i go, who do i ask and what are the requirements to apply for a business loan? Thank you so much.
         Andrea Corry.

Answer
Hi and thank you for your query. You may want to talk to the US Trade Representative in your area as well as to the Trade Office of the Colombian Embassy in Washington DC. Am sure these offices will provide you with any requirements you may need.  As for a business loan, you may try the SBA or your local bank.  Credit is quite tight these days. Good luck.

Exporting & Importing Goods

Pallas21