Exporting & Importing Goods/Importing Goods to n.y

I'm from New York and I want to start a small business and import goods from another country to New York.
I never had a business and I did not import,I would be very happy if you can guide me from the first step how and what I need to do to import goods to New York.

Thank you for your query and congratulations on your initiative.  You may want to get in touch with the US embassy and the commercial or trade office and talk to someone regarding the type of goods you have in mind, the quantities and the distribution. Depending on the country you may have trade advantages as well. Good luck.

Exporting & Importing Goods

I will be happy to answer questions about small businesses, import and export activity, employee benefits and benefit administration.

about 15 years of experience with small businesses. Day to day operations, growth issues, employee benefit administration, etc.

Masters in Economics, Masters in Public Administration