Exporting & Importing Goods/Importing maternity clothes from Peru

Question
Dear Lisa,

I am opening a new business online selling clothes made in Peru. I have no idea what questions to ask these factories, about quotes etc. what are the steps,to follow to accomplish this.
What are the first steps to acomplish in my first 30 to 60 days.
What types of taxes do I have to pay on importing goods.

One more question, I'm not a fashion designer, do these factories offer design samples for clothing. Or do I have to provide my own designs.

Answer
Hi Claudia,

I am sorry but I will not be able to assist you with any factory negotiations.  Once you have the specific apparel items selected, contact me again with details about each item and I can help you with determining the duty rates for each.  I will need a complete description including fabric composition (knit, woven, cotton, etc.).  Photographs are also helpful.

I can also help you get a quote for shipping and Customs clearance and help you purchase a surety bond if you are going to be a regular importer.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Lisa

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid