Exporting & Importing Goods/import children clothes from Spain

I would like to import children clothes and shoes from Spain. Round about 200 clothes from 4 suppliers (each 50). What makes more sense, to make one consolidate shipment? Or 4 individual shipments from each supplier? What type of documentation is needed for the US Duty? Do you know a company who can provide Shipment and Brokers service?

Hello Ainhoa,

It would probably make more sense to consolidate as your freight charges are lower if your weight and volume is higher.  Plus, you would only pay one entry fee when the shipment arrives in the U.S.

In order to properly classify your items a complete list of each item is required along with the fabric content.  the shoes will require an Interim Footwear Invoice in order to be classified correctly and I can e-mail it to you if you need me to.  Please respond to me in "private" mode or start a new question to me in private mode and we can exchange contact information.  I can also help you get set up with transportation rates and a Customs Broker.

Best regards,

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid

I have over 20 years of experience in import transportation and customs clearance. I am not able to answer export related questions but can assist with imports into the United States.

I have been a licensed Customs Broker since 1996 and have been working for the freight forwarding industry for 24 years. I currently have my own business as an import consultant offering advice to importers in area of Customs regulatory compliance and am partnered with several prominent Customs attorneys.

CCBFA (Chicago Customs brokers and Forwarders Association) OWIT (Organization of Women in International Trade) ITAGC (International Trade Association of Greater Chicago)

Licensed as Customs Broker, issued 1996 NCBFAA Certified Customs Specialist