Exporting & Importing Goods/Importing machines to India

Hello sir,

I want to import some electrical appliances like refrigerators and Laundry machines from US to India for commercial purpose What are the terms and conditions involved? How to get a import license? What is CST?

please let me know.

Good day,

I would recommend a professional service for setting up this importation for you.  Refrigerators, for example, have the refrigerant gasses in them - this can make it tricky to ship out.

Please send an email to with your contact information, and we can go over some of these details a bit more specifically.

It can be done, however, it must be done properly; otherwise, your goods can be held up in customs.

We specialize in the import and export of machinery which contains oil, gasses, etc.  Through a short discussion, we can advise what to do, but we have some questions which will help us guide you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Exporting & Importing Goods

Steve Van Duzen

Questions about general import and export sources, procedures, financing terms, shipping, classification, harmonized tariff, and negotiations are all within the area of my expertise.

For the last 12 years I have been the CEO of International Machine Imports, Inc. We have operations in Germany, China, Brazil and the United States. Over the last decade we have imported and exported such goods as machinery / capital equipment, parts / componentry, tooling, consumer goods, products and assemblies which are used en-masse by factories. Our company can be viewed at

Wire Journal, Wire Technology, SME.

Michigan State University and Florida Atlantic University.

While my confidentiality agreements prohibit me from divulging my client names, I can tell you that several components you use on a daily basis stem from our efforts on importing and exporting materials, equipment, components and other goods to manufactures across a wide array of industries. Presently, we provide our services within the Global Alkaline Battery market, Automotive, Bearing, Dental, Medical, Aerospace, Wire and Cable, Ammunition and Fastener Industries.