Exporting & Importing Goods/Country of Origin labeling

I am a jewelry/accessories designer based in NYC. My production is done in China. Bulk will be shipped to me in NYC for QC, and then re-shipped to mostly UK & Europe to retailers.

What are my COO (country of origin) requirements? For China to USA and for USA to UK & Europe?
All my items are 925 sterling silver.

Hi Jean,

Your country of origin will be China if that is where the items are produced.  You can make mention of a U.S. design if you like.  

The items that are sent back out of the U.S. will be eligible for duty drawback upon export if they are in the same condition as when they are imported.  Alternatively you may be able to import them on a T.I.B. (Temporary Importation Bond) and pay no duty on them.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid

I have over 20 years of experience in import transportation and customs clearance. I am not able to answer export related questions but can assist with imports into the United States.

I have been a licensed Customs Broker since 1996 and have been working for the freight forwarding industry for 24 years. I currently have my own business as an import consultant offering advice to importers in area of Customs regulatory compliance and am partnered with several prominent Customs attorneys.

CCBFA (Chicago Customs brokers and Forwarders Association) OWIT (Organization of Women in International Trade) ITAGC (International Trade Association of Greater Chicago)

Licensed as Customs Broker, issued 1996 NCBFAA Certified Customs Specialist