Exporting & Importing Goods/Export clothing from USA to Taiwan

Hi there,
I am thinking about buying branded clothing and export it to Taiwan. I was wondering what would be the best way to ship my items. Would it be better to ship a small quantity or large quantity at a time and what would the price be? Also, do I need to have any sort of license or paying any kind of tax and how much would it be? Thanks!

Good day,

The best way to ship your items is not something I can really advise you on, as I do not know your business, current financials, or growth plans.  For the costs, you will have to contact a shipper and tell them how these will be packaged.  Is it on a pallet? Boxes? etc.

You will be required to pay duty on these items going into Taiwan.  I would suggest speaking with a customs broker in Taiwan to get your duty rates.

Best regards,

Exporting & Importing Goods

Steve Van Duzen

Questions about general import and export sources, procedures, financing terms, shipping, classification, harmonized tariff, and negotiations are all within the area of my expertise.

For the last 12 years I have been the CEO of International Machine Imports, Inc. We have operations in Germany, China, Brazil and the United States. Over the last decade we have imported and exported such goods as machinery / capital equipment, parts / componentry, tooling, consumer goods, products and assemblies which are used en-masse by factories. Our company can be viewed at

Wire Journal, Wire Technology, SME.

Michigan State University and Florida Atlantic University.

While my confidentiality agreements prohibit me from divulging my client names, I can tell you that several components you use on a daily basis stem from our efforts on importing and exporting materials, equipment, components and other goods to manufactures across a wide array of industries. Presently, we provide our services within the Global Alkaline Battery market, Automotive, Bearing, Dental, Medical, Aerospace, Wire and Cable, Ammunition and Fastener Industries.