Exporting & Importing Goods/Import and Re-Export

If I like to import goods on commercial basis from china to Germany and than re-export from germany to any other part of the world is it possible. I can arrange COO certificate from China for importing and also does not need any certificate from germany (may be re-export certifate can be required).

Good day, Farukh.

Yes.  It is possible to import products from China into Germany, and then re-export them from Germany to another part of the world.  This is something I would not really recommend, however.  Yes, a re-export certificate will be required, as well as some other paperwork to recuperate the amounts you paid in duty upon entry of the product into Germany.

The main reason I do not recommend importing and exporting in this manner is simply for the cost.  Depending on what you are shipping, it can be the case where the cost to recover your duty may be more than you originally paid in duty.

One option you have, though, is by working through a forwarder who has the ability to hold the items in a specially bonded facility.  It all depends on what you plan on shipping.

If you would like, send an e-mail to info@machineimports.com with the details of what you are looking to ship, and why you would re-export, and we can take a better look at what your requirements are and could also possibly be.  This is something which would have to be customized to your business needs.

Best regards,

Steve Van Duzen

Exporting & Importing Goods

Steve Van Duzen

Questions about general import and export sources, procedures, financing terms, shipping, classification, harmonized tariff, and negotiations are all within the area of my expertise.

For the last 12 years I have been the CEO of International Machine Imports, Inc. We have operations in Germany, China, Brazil and the United States. Over the last decade we have imported and exported such goods as machinery / capital equipment, parts / componentry, tooling, consumer goods, products and assemblies which are used en-masse by factories. Our company can be viewed at http://www.machineimports.com

Wire Journal, Wire Technology, SME.

Michigan State University and Florida Atlantic University.

While my confidentiality agreements prohibit me from divulging my client names, I can tell you that several components you use on a daily basis stem from our efforts on importing and exporting materials, equipment, components and other goods to manufactures across a wide array of industries. Presently, we provide our services within the Global Alkaline Battery market, Automotive, Bearing, Dental, Medical, Aerospace, Wire and Cable, Ammunition and Fastener Industries.