Exporting & Importing Goods/Importing from India to the uk

First of all I would like to say that it's a gat website. Hope I would be able to find and to my questions from here.

Well I am trying to import food items from India to the uk, one of them is called chikki which is a peanut and jaggery bar, sesame and jaggery bar, and mouth freshners made of fennel seeds cotted in sugar with different flavours.

I have .been to the website and found the product codes roughly but it's king me for a lot more details.

What I really won't to know is how do I get started? I can get samples anytime but can I get anyone to help with with product specifications?
And once I do that how can I get it in the uk?
What kind of mdu try do I pay?
What papers do I need to let ready in the uk?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Good day,

Importing food products is a little bit more complicated than bringing in non-food products.  The actual manufacturer of the product will have to give you the product specifications.  These may be required for the labeling of the products for sale within the UK.

I would suggest speaking with a freight forwarder who specializes in shipping and clearing food products.  A company like Schenker International can help you, and they have offices in all of the major cities in India as well as the UK.

One item for consideration is the temperature requirements during shipping.  

Best regards,

Exporting & Importing Goods

Steve Van Duzen

Questions about general import and export sources, procedures, financing terms, shipping, classification, harmonized tariff, and negotiations are all within the area of my expertise.

For the last 12 years I have been the CEO of International Machine Imports, Inc. We have operations in Germany, China, Brazil and the United States. Over the last decade we have imported and exported such goods as machinery / capital equipment, parts / componentry, tooling, consumer goods, products and assemblies which are used en-masse by factories. Our company can be viewed at

Wire Journal, Wire Technology, SME.

Michigan State University and Florida Atlantic University.

While my confidentiality agreements prohibit me from divulging my client names, I can tell you that several components you use on a daily basis stem from our efforts on importing and exporting materials, equipment, components and other goods to manufactures across a wide array of industries. Presently, we provide our services within the Global Alkaline Battery market, Automotive, Bearing, Dental, Medical, Aerospace, Wire and Cable, Ammunition and Fastener Industries.