Exporting & Importing Goods/Travelling into states with commercial vehicle

Question
Hi, I will be traveling throughout Canada during the summer with my mobile tack/harness (equestrian supplies) trailer and truck.  On my return trip, I would like to visit family in the US and also visit one of my product manufacturers.  I don't plan to sell anything in the US, but perhaps purchase some products.  Some of the products that I will be carrying were previously imported from US to my shop in Canada.  What paperwork do I need to prove what I have imported already.  Do I need to make any special arrangements at the border crossing etc.?
Thanks
Carolyn

Answer
Hi Carolyn,

The products that you will have with you, are they used?  Are they new in the package?  If new and from the U.S. they should be labeled "Made in the U.S.A.".  My concern is for the goods you may have that are from Canada or other countries.  You may need to have a Temporary Import Bond or TIB prepared for you at the border.  If you will be purchasing any goods while here in the U.S. you will need to clear them upon re-entry into Canada as well.

If you need more assistance please start a new message to me in "Private" mode so we can exchange contact information.

Thank you,
Lisa

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid