Exporting & Importing Goods/importing goods from Africa

Question
Two Non Profit missionary organizations want to import hand made crafts from Africa to be sold at a farmers market here in TX. to raise funds for the Mission trips.  The items would be dolls, baskets, ornaments, jewelry and carved wooden items.  Some coming from Liberia, Tanzania,Zanzibar and Kenya.  What kind of license do we need to have? Both organizations are 501 c 3 in USA and in Africa. Some items we would bring back when we come others will be sent as needed.

Answer
Hi Paula,

There are quite a few regulations that you will need to know about pertaining to some of the items you wish to import.  You do not need a license but I would suggest you obtain a surety bond.

You are going to need a lot of info so I suggest you either start a new message to me in private mode or see if you can reply back to me in private mode.  I will give you my contact info and we can talk further.

Best regards,
Lisa

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid