Exporting & Importing Goods/Importing handmade jewelry from Europe

Question
Hello Lisa,

I would like to ask you about duty and sale taxes on handmade jewelry and accessories (pottery) imported from Europe.

Im opening an online business in California and would like to know how can I calculate the duty and sales tax costs. Are there other fees? The value of imported things would be around 1000 dollars per month. Is there any difference with consignment trade?

Thank you very much!

Answer
Hi Eva,

I would need details on each item in order to give you duty rates.  I can tell you that any items that are food related will also need to clear FDA as well as Customs.  You should also purchase a surety bond prior to your first shipment.

If you would like, I can set up a consultation and we can discuss details and get you off to a good start.

Best regards,
Lisa

Exporting & Importing Goods

Lisa Madrid