Exporting & Importing Goods/How to claim import custom tax

Question

We are new trading firm and planning to import recycled PET flakes from Saudi Arabia, as per Indian Gov Policy we need to pay 28.5% tax.

1. Is it possible to get back the tax amount by exporting any other material from India to any other country.

Warm Regards,
Mustaq Hussain

Answer
Dear Mustaq,

The manufacturer importer can get CENVAT credit on CVD (Excise Duty) and refund on SAD from customs. Merchant exporter can get refund of SAD from customs. But the basic duty is not refundable.
If the export goods are made against the imported inputs, the inputs can be imported in zero duty against advance authorization.There are other export promotion schemes are also available.

Rohit Pawar  

Exporting & Importing Goods

Mr. Rohit Pawar