You are here:

Exporting & Importing Goods/How to claim import custom tax



We are new trading firm and planning to import recycled PET flakes from Saudi Arabia, as per Indian Gov Policy we need to pay 28.5% tax.

1. Is it possible to get back the tax amount by exporting any other material from India to any other country.

Warm Regards,
Mustaq Hussain

Dear Mustaq,

The manufacturer importer can get CENVAT credit on CVD (Excise Duty) and refund on SAD from customs. Merchant exporter can get refund of SAD from customs. But the basic duty is not refundable.
If the export goods are made against the imported inputs, the inputs can be imported in zero duty against advance authorization.There are other export promotion schemes are also available.

Rohit Pawar  

Exporting & Importing Goods

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mr. Rohit Pawar


I can answer the question related to the Indian export and import system, policy, procedure, export benefits, provisions in allied acts,international terminology,different types of import and export methods and all general and specific queries in this field.


My experience in this area is 23 years. I have practically worked with every section of import and export system.Along with practical experience i have in depth study of act, policy and procedures and related notificaton and government circulars. I am conducting import/export training classes in vadodara, gujarat.

Rhea Shipping

Bachelor of Commerce

©2017 All rights reserved.