Expressing Yourself to Others/Family

so, my older brother (28) bought a 80 acre piece of land about 3 years back. well their is this vacant piece of land mile up the road from his property I have been dreaming about since I seen it the first time 3 years ago. Anyway apparently he has to. but I asked him about 3 months back how he felt about me buying it and he said he didn't care as long as he got a better neighbor than he has now. so I ask the lady to sell it about 2 months back she says yes. im really excited that I have my own property for my own cows. well my brother finds out and says hes never talking to me again that he wanted that land and I new it and it was selfish I bought it. that I ruined any chances of him getting a bigger farm. I live at my parents still im 24 years old college student, job, and own cows with no land so I bought the property do you feel I was wrong to do that. I just wanted an outside opinion. I didn't realize it would start the family fight it has caused.

Hey Lesli,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same, which clearly reflects that how much you devoted towards your relationship with family and want to make it smoother at any cost. Kudos to you !!!

Well from the outset it seems that, your brother has some kind of inferiority complex, where he couldn't digest you coming up with some sensible and nice advice, rather than expecting he should be calling the shots. The behaviour shown by your brother is quite immature and uncalled for and by all these tantrums, he can't suppress you down in life, when you still at that age group where you need to build your career. You have absolutely done nothing wrong and you shouldn't be feeling any guilty about it nor you should go about making up for it.

Just sit down with your brother and family mates when all in good jolly mood may be during festival and talk about things and come up with something sensible, so that they feel you have matured enough and can understand whatever you decide was food good.

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

Expressing Yourself to Others

Relationship Counsellor

I am quite experienced and matured enough to handle questions related to following topics: 1) Love- Friendship 2) Issues in all kinds of relationships. 3) making a relationship work. 4) Effective tips to sustain a relationship. 5) Sex related queries. Well as of now haven't come across any such questions, which would offend me or I lack expertise in, but am a straight forward person and doesn't hold my wordings back. I don't mind being honest in case I lack knowledge about particular aspect and quite flexible to accept genuine views of others or seek other professionals for my case studies, to help the clients out.

Well I have been doing online counseling through my own blog ( for past two years. I have got good response throughout, which has motivated me in going ahead and helping people in their relationship issues and bring a smile back on people's face. I don't say that am a professional in this area, but well sufficient enough to contribute in the aspect of Modern Day Relationships.

I am a qualified software engineer with Bachelor's degree of Engineering i.e B.Tech degree in area of Electronics and Telecommunications. I am pursuing PG diploma in area of counseling and relationship education from Delhi University, India.