Expressing Yourself to Others/Being Assertive and Dealing With Guilt

Question
I'm doing well with being assertive, though I'm still working on it. My problem is that I overthink things and get myself worked up over them, big or small. I've wanted a pixie cut and a nose stud for years now, and only recently have I mustered up the courage to ask them about it. Everybody loves my long, curly hair, but what's the point in having it if everybody but myself is happy with it? I want to express myself and my style, but my parents aren't letting me because they're afraid I won't like it. I've done the research, gathered photos, and even have gotten a professional opinion from my friend's mom who is a gair styleist. She was enthusiastic about how nice it would look on me, and I've seen the way she can manipulate curl with layering. My problem is that I can't throughly express myself or get the gall  to say it face to face with my parents. They are preventing me from growing as a person and wxploring myself. They seem to think I do everything to be different, or for attention, when it's really the exact opposite. I hate attention. I'm really half tempted just to cut it up myself so that we have to get it done. I cut my own bangs thinking that it would help me love my hair, but it didn't help at all. I'm too much of abpeople pleaser to really do what I want to do when it comes to adults. How can I express my thoughts to my parents verbally, what can Si say, that might help them understand that I really want to make this change for myself so I can boost  my self confidence?

Answer
believe in yourself and do not be a people pleaser.If you're a "people pleaser," then people are always taking advantage of you. You're also probably not getting what you want out of life. Stop thinking about what would make others happy and focus on what you need. It's time to shift the focus from others to yourself. After all, it can be difficult to improve your own life when you're too busy accommodating others.Learn how to say "no". Don't make up excuses — give your reasons for not wanting something;•There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, and it doesn't have to mean you're making a demand. Simply reminding people that you're an individual with your own preferences is a big step forward.Do something for yourself. Do one thing you have been wanting to do, but feel afraid someone else will not like. Heck on 'em. Do it anyway!
•Dye your hair, get that new look, have a treat that you enjoy, go on holiday, or go see that movie you like but nobody else wants to see!

Expressing Yourself to Others

Deb