Expressing Yourself to Others/Communicating with Veterinarian

Hello Deb:  I have a veterinarian that I have known for 12 years.  She has always been extremely kind and friendly and has taken great care of my pets. Recently, I brought in my cat who is recovering from a mouth injury.

During the exam, my cat briefly made a chewing/grinding sound. The vet gave me an angry look and exclaimed "I can't stand this! I can't stand this sound! This is as bad as someone scratching a chalkboard."

My cat may need future treatment. Would it be appropriate to politely ask her if it is okay to bring my cat back. (I am worried as to what she will do if my cat makes that sound again.) I would appreciate your advice.  Thanks.

Effective communication is often considered the cornerstone of a successful business. However, that skill may be more challenging when dealing with difficult people. A difficult person may be defensive, aggressive or excessively needy. As you try to maintain the structural integrity of the communication cornerstone, you can follow a couple of steps to make the process easier.

Ask questions. While engaging a difficult individual may seem about as much fun as putting your head in a hornet's nest, the process of clarification is an essential one in maintaining effective communication. Don't be afraid to ask about something you do not understand, as this can improve your understanding of the difficult individual's concerns, allowing you to act more effectively on the problem. While the individual may be initially irritated by your queries, he will be far more irritated if, because you did not understand, you make a blunder down the line and fail to deliver.
Provide insight into the situation in a patient and gentle manner. Difficult people are likely to get upset if they feel they are being judged, so execute this step with tact. Identify possible solutions to the problem and avoid placing blame. The best way to convey a suggestion is to isolate a reason why taking action is imperative, provide easy steps she can take, and give a motive for acting in an expedient manner.
You should not submit yourself to self-flagellation.

or Remove yourself from the situation, if possible, once you've communicated your sympathy and advice. Difficult people are often looking for allies, and this can develop into a toxic relationship. Help yourself avoid drama by politely bowing out of the conversation once pertinent topics have been covered.

If you have promised to take action on a problem, politely touch base with the difficult individual in question once this action has been completed. Apologize again, and express your hopes that the individual is satisfied.  

Expressing Yourself to Others

communicating,relationships of any kind. One of the hardest things to do when you're communicating with someone is expressing yourself.Fret not I am here to give advice or and ask any questions, some people have a fear of expressing themselves at all. They're afraid to say something that might cost them a friendship. Or they bottle everything up tight and seize up at the mere thought of sharing their true emotions.Tips/advice/ 1.If you have a fear of people, people will avoid you. It's a vicious cycle. You avoid people because you fear that they will hurt you. People see your aloofness, and either think the worst (that you're stuck up), or grant your desire and leave you alone. Then you wonder why it is that no one likes you. 2.When you can't open up to people, people will feel that you are unapproachable. You'll have a hard time getting close to people when you bottle everything up inside. Your relationships will all be shallow. 3.Your inability to express yourself will haunt you in times of trouble. You'll need help, you'll want help, but you won't seek it. You'll hide. So, no one helps you. Then you grow resentful and angry. 4.Another danger is that of isolation. You build walls around your emotions and people instinctively leave you alone. That might be what you wanted at first, but your life will be barren, and empty. Life is relationships. The stronger your relationships the more joy you'll have in life. No matter if it is with your mate, God, children, neighbors, co-workers, friends, relatives, or even yourself, you must learn to express yourself.How to Express Yourself More Clearly and Completely Social anxiety,shyness,low self esteem/confidence,motivation,encouragement ,how to overcome fear,how to express self;how to observe people in conversation carefully,

Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology; Words have meaning to us. Subtle differences in each word will convey a slightly different idea. Huge and gigantic have subtle differences,our actions[body language/ Words have the power to give life and death...especially in relationships. So it is important that you learn to express yourself. You must learn to convey your thoughts, ideas, dreams, ambitions, hopes and emotions to those that you share a relationship with. Your inability to do so, will damage your relationships.For years I have enjoyed helping people when it comes to any kind of communication

Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology

Friendship Church,Charlotte Senior Citizen Center,McCorey YMCA