Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
rumbling7/30/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: i'm going to try this once more...the 2 answers I received from doctors are advising what to do for ...
  A: The colonic ecosystem is made of of bacteria, yeast, and fungus, all of which need to survive in ...
South of the border issues7/29/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I'm a mid 40's white male who experienced a pretty heavy anal itch last week for 3 days in a row. I ...
  A: Your problem may be due to irritation if you are experiencing constipation or diarrhea. However, ...
unexplained pain7/26/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: we are most appreciative. for three days, i have had a sharp pain in my lower right front side ...
  A: From your description of the pain and the activities leading up to it, it is most likely groin ...
blood pressure tablet -reg7/7/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN, My mother 72 years old is taking INDAPAMIDE sr(Sustained ...
  A: There are many reasons why a blood pressure medication is prescribed. It is not only to control ...
drowning fear6/27/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I went into the pool today and swam with my head up. I kind of got some water in my mouth and a tiny ...
  A: This is a very interesting question. Although it has a very rare occurrence, it happens more with ...
Weird sensation in fingers6/18/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I am having this continuous sensation in my fingers in my right hand (which is exactly like we often ...
  A: It sounds like you have a pinched nerve. This can be from carpal tunnel or it can be originating ...
Advice on Prescription6/8/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: Wanted to get your opinion on a situation with my primary, regarding whether he should have called ...
  A: It seems your anger is coming from the fact that you did not ask for a scheduled drug, but an ...
Large tonsils and cardiac arrest6/8/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: My Husband has always had very large tonsils. When he was a child, a nurse told him if he did not ...
  A: The tonsils will not cause a heart attack. If he is suffering from sleep apnea, he can develop ...
Cholesterol levels and blood pressure6/3/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I just had blood test done. It was later in the day so it was not a fasting. The nurse checked my ...
  A: Cholesterol and other lipids need to be checked fasting. A non-fasting blood sample does not supply ...
Acute lumbago sciatica5/25/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: For 3 years I've been struggling with what my doctor calls "acute lumbago/sciatica" Every so often, ...
  A: Acute lumbago/sciatica is a blanket diagnosis when studies have not been done to find the cause of ...
Arm pain5/16/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I am 64 years old and for past few months I have had this pain in my upper left arm that occurs when ...
  A: This sounds like it may be your rotator cuff. During a physical examination, your provider will do ...
meniscus tear?5/12/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I was told I may have torn the meniscus in my knee, by a provider at urgent care. He said it ...
  A: If you have not done so already, I would recommend the MRI. The knee is a tricky joint. You may have ...
UNTITLED3/5/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: (This is not a spam question or a homework question) I was wondering would you please explain to me ...
  A: The diaphragm is a very large muscle that separates the thoracic cavity from the abdominal cavity. ...
Post Surgery Issues Thoracotomy2/28/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: My wife underwent a thoracotomy with decortication surgery in 2009. SInce the surgery, she has had ...
  A: Dennis, There are no significant studies that show that pain management can help with this ...
BP2/23/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: Iím a 43 year old healthy male. Iím 5-11, 175, nonsmoker. Iím about 14% body fat, work out 5 days a ...
  A: Dave, Yours is an interesting case. Generally speaking, risk of heart disease is based on gender, ...
Pulmonary Nodules2/16/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: Dr. Cipriano, My boyfriend has been seeing a Pulmonologist for awhile now. His symptoms started out ...
  A: In medicine, everything is looked at: blood work, pulmonary function tests, imaging, consultations, ...
Forced urine2/16/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I tried to urinate the other day and when I went nothing came out so in the moment I increased the ...
  A: , From your description, you may have passed a small kidney stone. I recommend increasing you ...
FLATULENCE & PERSPIRATION1/28/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I find myself breaking wind all day long and it can be up to 30 times a day. I'm eating a well ...
  A: Flatulence is a normal part of the digestive system. Foods high in fiber may cause more gas than ...
Cold sores1/17/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: C., My son accidentally used my toothbrush and I just had a cold sore come out. He has a ...
  A: Some people are more prone to cold sores than others. Unfortunately, this is beyond your control. He ...
Getting pregnant while taking protein powder1/15/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I have looked online and can't come up with a result if it does or not. Can you offer a second ...
  A: I did a literature search on your question and found the following site. This site is specific to ...
nausea1/8/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: When I fell on ice and hit my head I developed a concussion. While in the ER I vomited 3 times and ...
  A: Your may have been given Zofran (ondansetron) for the nausea. A concussion is a jarring of the ...
Injured Wrist1/6/2016Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: About a week ago, I went to pick a heavy board up, and kind of jerked upward to get it off the ...
  A: As soon as an injury occurs, the best thing to do is to allow it to Rest it, Ice it, wrap it with an ...
Anxious feeling, sweaty palms, shaly hands high bp1/3/2016George Wang
  Q: About 6 weeks ago went to the hospital with the sweaty palms, shaky hands, nervousness and bp was ...
  A: Lisinopril belongs to a very commonly used class of blood pressure medicine called ACE inhibitors. ...
Hashimoto's12/15/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I am a 26 year old female, and I was diagnosed with hashimoto's 4 years ago. I alternate between ...
  A: Danielle, This is a complex question with many issues. First TSH should not enter into the picture ...
Furniture Accidents11/29/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: please complete the following survey. Lester Ibarra Furniture Accident Survey My name is Lester ...
  A: 1. How common have you received patients for furniture accidents? ē Sometimes 2. How sever were the ...
Staphylococcus11/15/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I developed an abscess 3 days ago. On day 2 I went to the ER to have it drained. I was prescribed ...
  A: Get yourself back to the ER or to your Primary Care physician. The abscess may not have been ...
Thyroid9/27/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I have gotten my Thyroid checked many times and I fit a lot of the symptoms of Hypothyrodism. ...
  A: April, Yes, I have a satellite office in Cary, NC. Much of my Holistic Integrative Functional ...
Autism9/17/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: My son is 4yrs old...met all his mile stones but at the age of 2 he started to regress. I told his ...
  A: Autism is a spectrum disorder with not just a YES or NO, but a degree. So some children have a very ...
Thyroid Issue8/3/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: My TSH results where 3.70 and 3.11 respectively in the past week. My T3 AND T4 where normal. My ...
  A: Scott, I practice in Cary, NC with Priority Health Triange. I specialize in thyroid disorders and ...
flu vaccine5/25/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I got flu vaccine on october 2013. but unfortunately couldn't do it on october 2014. is it ok for me ...
  A: Nawd, Count your blessings for NOT getting vaccinated with the 2014-15 vaccine for influenza A & B. ...
no more pill?2/16/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I have hashimoto under active since I was 20 . Now 39. I switched doctors. New endocrinologist ...
  A: It is hard to find a Thyroid Literate Doctor... www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com (or .org) is a good ...
Muscle aches2/10/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: Dr. Saleeby, I'm 30 years old and 6 weeks postpartum from my c section.. I'm also breastfeeding. ...
  A: Sarah, Post partum thyroid dysfunction is pretty common. Almost 1:4 women have some type of ...
Lip quiver1/29/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I was at the dentist the other day getting my teeth cleaned. While the hygentist was cleaning my ...
  A: Yes, Cindy... likely your jaw and mastication (chewing) muscles were fatigued from having your mouth ...
Hashimoto's / Hypothyroidism1/7/2015Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I have low thyroid. My sister says it's hashimoto. My real question is this; my daughter, 38 yrs ...
  A: Victoria, Hashimoto's is the #1 cause of hypothyroidism in American women these days. It is an ...
numbness?8/20/2014Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I am hoping you can help me, and if not, direct me to someone who potentially can. The problem is a ...
  A: Loss of sensation is due to nerves. The groin and the top of your thigh are associated with the ...
Weird vibrations8/15/2014Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I am a 30 year old male. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing internal vibrations while I ...
  A: MS would most likely have shown up in the MRI of your brain. Unfortunately, you will get your best ...
Lyme disease8/11/2014Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: I am a 30 year old male. For the past few months I have been dealing with frequent morning headaches ...
  A: I too live in Connecticut and Lyme is very prevalent this year. The bulls eye is not always present ...
over sensitive to carbohydrates?7/14/2014Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: Dr., I am 55. I am not diabetic, although I do have the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. Diabetes ...
  A: Bud, You have a condition called IRS... Insulin Resistance Syndrome... it is very common and multi ...
Angioedema causes?6/19/2014Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN
  Q: Took 3 months of random lip and tongue swelling for my PCP to listen..today TSH was normal but hi ...
  A: Whenever you have a provider that does not listen to you, it is time to change providers. You would ...
Estrogen6/17/2014Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD
  Q: I was given estrogen cream for an overactive bladder problem and read that it can cause cancer and ...
  A: Dottie, that is a very hot topic. Well it depends on what type of estrogen. If the estrogen is ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

Top Expert on this page