Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/heart palpitation and fainting

Hello Dr. Robert i just want to ask something, yesterday me and my wife is sleeping, and i woke up to pee, when peeing i suddenly felt my heart palpitate fast and after the palpitation i felt my heart stopped beating, and i dont know what happened, my wife said i fainted,.. Can you give me some advice because i dont know what to do?

Heart rythym problems need to be sorted out.... first order of business is to get an urgent evaluation to see if it is going on now.  If it is not, then to try and catch it on paper when it recurs.    This is done with a portable heart monitor that you can wear at home.  

Get a full evaluation by your doctor......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki