Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Nodular Densities

Age 47 yrs. Smoker 1/2 pk per day for several yrs. off/on,Non obstructive Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, within last year 5cm adenexa mass on the left and 2cm mass in rt ovary was benign, hysterectomy performed, then abd pain and enlarged lymphnodes along iliac crest PET showed nothing. That was in March of this yr. now upper rt. quad pain showed hepatomegaly about 24 cm and Nodular densities seen in the posterior portion of left lung base along pleural surface. seen on comparison CT of 2/08/11 suggesting interval change. in interpretation says nothing about nodular density changes just the hepatic enlargement but i am wondering should i be concerned and pursue this?Lots of stuff going on this yr. do not want to be neurotic,do have SOB on occ due to heart cond. and a slight cough so would be hard to tell if there was another problem so any help would be appreciated.

Dear Barbara,

Nodules are not a normal finding. Even if it turns out to be benign, it is worth pursuing it. It sounds as though you have a lot of things going on in your body. I suggest you make an appointment for a consultation with an oncologist/hematologist. Good luck.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.