Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Stomach Pain

Question
I've been having stomach problems. Blood work and ultrasound from last week came back normal. Pain hasn't been horrible just noticeable, generally located under my rib cage on the right side. My PCP and I decided to take a "wait and see approach" because of the test results. I was woke up this morning due to stomach pains around my belly button, felt like I had been punched. The pain is fairly constant hurts worse if I move in a certain way. I have no fever, no vomiting, no diarrhea (I haven't had a bowel movement in a couple of days). Is it possible that this is just constipation, or do I need to let him know about the change in pain?

Answer
I assume you had an ultrasound of the gallbladder and that a urinalysis was also checked.   I would let him know about the change and maybe a gentle laxative may be worth a try such as miralax.   But keep your doctor in the loop.... abdominal pain that isn't severe is tough to sort out sometimes and a change in pattern may help......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki