Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Healthy for life

Question
Dear Dr. Saleeby,

Before I ask my question I would like to thank you for volunteering your time to help others. Not many people do it in our current world and for that I would like to thank you.
My question is rather simple. I just wanted to ask what I would need to do to be absolutely healthy. I wanted to see what things I could adopt from my life to be absolutely healthy. Let me explain.
I am 27 years old, I am 6 feet 1 (1.85 metres) and I weigh 260 pounds Ė 118 Kilos (out of which a very large percentage is muscle). My fat percentage is at 32%. I know I am still overweight but I have lost 50 pounds since January and I am in a nutritional process to get to my ideal weight (which, according to my doctor, considering my muscle and bone size, would be somewhere between 220 Ė 240 pounds-100 to 110 kilos.
Aside from that my life is very healthy. I sleep 8-10 hours a day, I donít have any stress, I work from home, I donít eat any processed foods at all. I donít drink anything other than water (I drink at least 2 liters of water a day). I donít smoke and never have (nor do I hang out with anyone that does), I donít drink alcohol (I did about 5 or 6 years ago but never excessively) nor any type of soda or anything other than tea or water. I have one green tea a day. I donít have any sugar or weeteners whatsoever, I donít put any salt on my food at all. I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day as well as a well balanced protein and carbohydrate diet. My carbs are not processed, they are either Japanese rice or boiled potatoes. All my food is cooked from scratch. The dressing on my salad is organic vinaigrette and I also eat plenty of legumes. I recently took a full body bio blood test and it said that I was fine in every respect. Cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure; everything was fine.  
I exercise 6 times a week. I do cardiovascular exercise for an hour and weight training 3 times a week for an hour. I meditate everyday, stretch everyday, I go to psychoanalytic psychotherapy two times a week and I get medical check ups rather frequently. I also do volunteer work to help out in the community, and spend a lot of quality time with friends and family. I laugh a lot and truly enjoy life.
In terms of my family history, my grandmother died of kidney cancer but we believe that was because the horrible life she lived in World War II and the fact that she lost 6 of her brothers in the war. My grandfather got melanoma but controlled it quite well and died many years later of an unrelated matter (a stroke). My parents have high cholesterol and my father and grandfather have high blood pressure.  
My goal is to be as healthy as possible. I just wanted to ask you what I would need to do, in terms of lifestyle to become as healthy as possible. I am on a trip of health and wellness and I want to keep it that way. Money is not a problem for me, so spending on doctors appointments, medicines, and alike is not a problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Answer
Jeremy,

First the question is not simple.  It is complex in many ways and must be individualized by a physician who specializes in anti-aging and preventive medicine so as to outline a ''plan'' for your for good and continued good health.

However, given what you have in the email question I will say this:

1.  Read the book by Dr. Barry Sears "A week in the Zone" and follow it.

2.  Keep you weight w/in normal limits for your height and body type.

3.  Exercise daily (not necessary to join a gym or push yourself too hard)... by exercise I mean some type of continuous movement  20 to 40 minutes a day (walk 40-minutes a day will add 2 years to your life)....

4.  Take a reasonable select and well balanced set of dietary supplements (Vitamins and other select nutrients for health benefit)... this is where the anti-aging doctor comes in.  However, many will OVER prescribe too many supplements, keep it reasonable and real... a good example of a well balanced supplement is PureEncapsulations Men's Pack System (www.EmersonEcologics.com)... but you will need a MD's code to order.

5.  Never OVER do IT with anything, diet, exercise, supplements, medications, etc.  MODERATION in all things.

6.  Eat well, (see #1).

7.  Participate in annual health screening (labs, cancer markers, cardiovascular markers, etc.)  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD