Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Cold hands

Question
My hands are usually cold regardless of the season. Actually, I'm  usually cold but my hands bother me the most. I was wondering why my hands get even colder when I wear gloves?

Thank You

Answer
people who smoke can have this... the nicotine causes the blood vessels to clamp down.

This could be due to anemia, to thyroid problems... those can be checked with blood tests.

It can be a side effect of some medicines, such as blood pressure medicines like beta blockers.

You can sometimes trick your blood vessels... run your hands under very warm water for a minute and that causes the blood vessels to open up for a while and warm up the hands.

even with gloves, you need active warming, not just slowing the cooling to talk the blood vessels into warming up the hands by delivering more blood.....

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki