Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/flu??

Happy Holidays!
I am just wondering if what I have may be some form of the flu
going around. I am a 47 year old type 1 diabetic. For the last 3 weeks, I have had stomach gurgling with air pressure. If I burp slightly it relieves the pressure feeling. Also I have loose stools.
No weight loss, no dehydration, no sickness (fever, cold etc).
It was worse about 1-1/2 weeks ago. Now it is every couple days.
I did have a flu shot. I tried cutting out foods, vitamin d pills and my daily low dose aspirin...nothing seems to affect it. It just seems to be slowing down over the coarse of time. I had made an appointment to see my physician and it went away for a couple days as of the day before my appointment. Anything you could tell me would be appreciated!
Thank you!

I don't see this as related to the flu shot or the flu... this seems to be primarily a stomach/intestine issue......  A simple intestinal virus that is slow to resolve.... some people get bad symptoms then a few weeks of mild symptoms,  esp if they continue to use milk products during the recovery period.  

Gallbladder problems can cause this.

Sometimes use or overuse of over the counter meds like advil.  

I would go on clear liquids for a day then avoid milk/cheese/butter for a week and try some over the counter zantac and if not better in a week, see your doctor.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki